2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 461.8
Other acute sinusitis
- ICD-9-CM 461.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 461.8 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 461.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 461.8: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM J01.40 Acute pansinusitis, unspecified
- Acute bacterial sinusitis
- Acute empyema of nasal sinus
- Acute pansinusitis
- Acute rhinosinusitis
- Recurrent acute pansinusitis
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 461.8
- Pansinusitis (chronic) (hyperplastic) (nonpurulent) (purulent) 473.8
- acute 461.8
- Sinusitis (accessory) (nasal) (hyperplastic) (nonpurulent) (purulent) (chronic) 473.9