2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 426.82
Long QT syndrome
- prolongation of Q-T interval combined with torsades de pointes and manifests as several different forms; may be acquired or congenital; may lead to serious arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death.
- A ventricular arrhythmia characterized by syncopal episodes and a long QT interval, sometimes leading to sudden death due to paroxysmal ventricular arrhythmia. This arrhythmia is associated with a prolongation of repolarisation following depolarization of the cardiac ventricles. The prolongation of the Q-T interval combined with torsades de pointes manifests as several different forms; some may be acquired or congenital; some may lead to serious arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death. (NCI)
- ICD-9-CM 426.82 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 426.82.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 426.82: 2013.
426.82 Alternative Terminology
Convert 426.82 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 426.82: