2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 401.9
Unspecified essential hypertension
- Short description: Hypertension NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 401.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 401.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 401.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 401.9: 2013 2014 2015.
- Essential HTN
- Essential hypertension
- Good hypertension control
- HTN (Hypertension)
- HTN, uncontrolled
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), uncontrolled
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), well controlled
- Hypertension, uncontrolled
- Hypertension, well controlled
- Hypertensive disorder
- Hypertensive disorder, systemic arterial
- Hypertensive emergency
- Hypertensive urgency
- Uncontrolled hypertension
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM I10 Essential (primary) hypertension