2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 401.9
Unspecified essential hypertension
- Short description: Hypertension NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 401.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 401.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 401.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 401.9: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM I10 Essential (primary) hypertension
- Essential HTN
- Essential hypertension
- Good hypertension control
- HTN (Hypertension)
- HTN, uncontrolled
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), uncontrolled
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), well controlled
- Hypertension, uncontrolled
- Hypertension, well controlled
- Hypertensive disorder
- Hypertensive disorder, systemic arterial
- Hypertensive emergency
- Hypertensive urgency
- Uncontrolled hypertension