2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 343.9
Infantile cerebral palsy, unspecified
- heterogeneous group of nonprogressive motor disorders caused by chronic brain injuries that originate in the prenatal period, perinatal period, or first few years of life; the four major subtypes are spastic, athetoid, ataxic, and mixed cerebral palsy, with spastic forms being the most common; the motor disorder may range from difficulties with fine motor control to severe spasticity in all limbs; spastic diplegia (Little disease) is the most common subtype, and is characterized by spasticity that is more prominent in the legs than in the arms.
- Short description: Cerebral palsy NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 343.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 343.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 343.9: 2013.
Convert 343.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 343.9: