2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 850.3
Concussion with prolonged loss of consciousness and return to pre-existing conscious level
- Short description: Concussion-prolong coma.
- ICD-9-CM 850.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 850.3 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 850.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 850.3: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S06.0X5A Concussion with loss of consciousness greater than 24 hours with return to pre-existing conscious level, initial encounter
- Loss of consciousness for more than 24 hours with complete recovery