Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Musculoskeletal System And Connective Tissue 710-739 > Arthropathies And Related Disorders 710-719 > Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory polyarthropathies 714-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 714
Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory polyarthropathies
- There are 7 ICD-9-CM codes below 714 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 714.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 714: 2012 2013 2014.
- A chronic systemic disease, primarily of the joints, marked by inflammatory changes in the synovial membranes and articular structures, widespread fibrinoid degeneration of the collagen fibers in mesenchymal tissues, and by atrophy and rarefaction of bony structures. Etiology is unknown, but autoimmune mechanisms have been implicated.
- An autoimmune disease that causes pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joints, and may cause severe joint damage, loss of function, and disability. The disease may last from months to a lifetime, and symptoms may improve and worsen over time.
- Chronic systemic disease, primarily of the joints, marked by inflammatory changes in the synovial membranes and articular structures, widespread fibrinoid degeneration of the collagen fibers in mesenchymal tissues, and by atrophy and rarefaction of bony structures; etiology is unknown, but autoimmune mechanisms have been implicated.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of function in your joints. It can affect any joint but is common in the wrist and fingers. More women than men get rheumatoid arthritis. It often starts between ages 25 and 55. You might have the disease for only a short time, or symptoms might come and go. The severe form can last a lifetime.rheumatoid arthritis is different from osteoarthritis, the common arthritis that often comes with older age. Ra can affect body parts besides joints, such as your eyes, mouth and lungs. Ra is an autoimmune disease, which means the arthritis results from your immune system attacking your body's own tissues. No one knows what causes rheumatoid arthritis. Genes, environment and hormones might contribute. Treatments include medicine, lifestyle changes and surgery. These can slow or stop joint damage and reduce pain and swelling. nih: national institute of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 714 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.