2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 556.5
Left-sided ulcerative (chronic) colitis
- Short description: Lftsded ulcertve colitis.
- ICD-9-CM 556.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 556.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 556.5.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 556.5: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K51.50 Left sided colitis without complications
- Chronic left-sided ulcerative colitis
- Left sided colitis w abscess
- Left sided colitis w fistula
- Left sided colitis w intestinal obstruction
- Left sided colitis w rectal bleeding
- Left sided colitis with abscess
- Left sided colitis with fistula
- Left sided colitis with intestinal obstruction
- Left sided colitis with rectal bleeding
- Ulcerative colitis, left sided, chronic
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 556.5
- Colitis (acute) (catarrhal) (croupous) (cystica superficialis) (exudative) (hemorrhagic) (noninfectious) (phlegmonous) (presumed noninfectious) 558.9
- ulcerative (chronic) (idiopathic) (nonspecific) 556.9