Home > 2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Digestive System 520-579 > Diseases Of Oral Cavity, Salivary Glands, And Jaws 520-529 > Dentofacial anomalies including malocclusion 524-
2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 524.60
Temporomandibular joint disorders unspecified
- Short description: TMJ disorders NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 524.60 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 524.60.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 524.60: 2012 2013 2014.
- Any condition affecting the anatomic and functional characteristics of the temporomandibular joint.
- Symptom complex consisting of partial deafness, stuffy sensation in the ears, tinnitus, pain, muscle tenderness, clicking in the joint, and limitation or alteration of mandibular movement; symptoms are subjective and manifested primarily in the masticatory muscles rather than the temporomandibular joint itself; etiologic factors are uncertain but include occlusal dysharmony and psychophysiologic factors.
- Temporomandibular joint (tmj) disorder
- Temporomandibular joint (tmj) pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint (tmj) tenderness
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Temporomandibular joint tender
- Temporomandibular joint-pain-dysfunction syndrome
- TMJ disorder
- TMJ pain dysfunction syndrome
- TMJ tenderness
- TMJ, pain dysfunction syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint-pain-dysfunction syndrome [TMJ]
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 524.60:
- Costen's 524.60
- Costen's syndrome or complex 524.60
- Disorder - see also Disease
- joint NEC 719.90
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Costen's (complex) 524.60
- temporomandibular joint-pain-dysfunction [TMJ] NEC 524.60
- specified NEC 524.69
- Temporomandibular joint-pain-dysfunction syndrome 524.60
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 524.60 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2011 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.