2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 524.60
Temporomandibular joint disorders, unspecified
- Short description: TMJ disorders NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 524.60 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 524.60 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Left temporomandibular joint disorder
- Left TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder
- Left TMJ disorder
- Right temporomandibular joint disorder
- Right TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder
- Right TMJ disorder
- Temporomandibular joint (tmj) disorder
- Temporomandibular joint (tmj) pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint (tmj) tenderness
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Temporomandibular joint tender
- Temporomandibular joint-pain-dysfunction syndrome
- TMJ disorder
- TMJ pain dysfunction syndrome
- TMJ tenderness
- TMJ, pain dysfunction syndrome
- Any condition affecting the anatomic and functional characteristics of the temporomandibular joint.
- Symptom complex consisting of partial deafness, stuffy sensation in the ears, tinnitus, pain, muscle tenderness, clicking in the joint, and limitation or alteration of mandibular movement; symptoms are subjective and manifested primarily in the masticatory muscles rather than the temporomandibular joint itself; etiologic factors are uncertain but include occlusal dysharmony and psychophysiologic factors.
- Temporomandibular joint-pain-dysfunction syndrome [TMJ]
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM M26.60 Temporomandibular joint disorder, unspecified
- 2014 ICD-10-CM M26.69 Other specified disorders of temporomandibular joint