2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 112.9
Candidiasis of unspecified site
- infection with a fungus of the genus Candida; usually a superficial infection of the moist areas of the body and is generally caused by Candida albicans; includes chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis, cutaneous candidiasis, oral candidiasis (thrush), and monilial vaginitis.
- A condition in which Candida albicans, a type of yeast, grows out of control in moist skin areas of the body. It is usually a result of a weakened immune system, but can be a side effect of chemotherapy or treatment with antibiotics. Thrush usually affects the mouth (oral thrush); however, rarely, it spreads throughout the entire body.
- Short description: Candidiasis site NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 112.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 112.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 112.9: 2012 2013.
Convert 112.9 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 112.9: