2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 840.4
Rotator cuff (capsule) sprain
- Short description: Sprain rotator cuff.
- ICD-9-CM 840.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 840.4 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 840.4.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 840.4: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S43.429A Sprain of unspecified rotator cuff capsule, initial encounter
- Left rotator cuff capsule sprain
- Left rotator cuff strain
- Left rotator cuff tear
- Right rotator cuff capsule sprain
- Right rotator cuff strain
- Right rotator cuff tear
- Sprain of shoulder rotator cuff
- Sprain of shoulder, rotator cuff
- Sprain shoulder, rotator cuff
- Traumatic complete rupture of rotator cuff
- Traumatic left rotator cuff tear
- Traumatic partial rupture of rotator cuff
- Traumatic right rotator cuff tear
- complete rupture of rotator cuff, nontraumatic (727.61)