2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 318.1
Severe mental retardation
- Short description: SEVERE MENTAL RETARDAT.
- ICD-9-CM 318.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 318.1 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2007 version of ICD-9-CM 318.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 318.1: 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM F72 Severe intellectual disabilities
- Intellectual disability, severe
- Severe intellectual disability
- Severe mental retardation (I.Q. 20-34)
- IQ 20-34
- Severe mental subnormality