- 2009 HCPCS G8509
- Documentation of pain assessment (including location, intensity and description) prior to initiation of treatment or documentation of the absence of pain as a result of assessment through discussion with the patient including the use of a standardized tool; no documentation of a follow-up plan, reason not specified
- This is the 2009 version of HCPCS G8509 - please refer to the 2013 HCPCS code set for the latest version.
- Status changed on Thursday, January 01, 2009 to: Add procedure or modifier code
- BETOS Classification: Specialist > Other
- Medicare coverage status: Carrier judgment