2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code V62.84
- ICD-9-CM V62.84 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM V62.84 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by thoughts of taking one's own life
- A risk factor for suicide attempts and completions, it is the most common of all suicidal behavior, but only a minority of ideators engage in overt self-harm
- Thoughts of or an unusual preoccupation with suicide
- Thoughts of taking one's own life
- suicidal tendencies (300.9)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM R45.851 Suicidal ideations
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to V62.84
- suicidal V62.84
- Suicide, suicidal (attempted)
- ideation V62.84