2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E995.0
Injury due to war operations by unarmed hand-to-hand combat
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E995.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E995.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E995.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y36.440A War operations involving unarmed hand to hand combat, military personnel, initial encounter
- intentional restriction of airway (E995.3)