2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E991.5
Injury due to war operations by fragments from person-borne improvised explosive device [IED]
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E991.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E991.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E991.5 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM Y36.260A War operations involving fragments of improvised explosive device [IED], military personnel, initial encounter