2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E958.9
Suicide and self-inflicted injury by unspecified means
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E958.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E958.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E958.9 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X83.8XXA Intentional self-harm by other specified means, initial encounter
- Attempted suicide w injury
- Cause of injury, suicide attempt
- Injury due to attempted suicide
- Injury due to suicide attempt
- Suicide attempt
- Suicide attempt (event)