2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E912
Inhalation and ingestion of other object causing obstruction of respiratory tract or suffocation
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E912 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E912 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E912 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E912
- Aspiration and inhalation of foreign body except food (into respiratory tract) NOS
- Foreign object [bean] [marble] in nose
- Obstruction of pharynx by foreign body
- Compression by foreign body in esophagus
- Interruption of respiration by foreign body in esophagus
- Obstruction of respiration by foreign body in esophagus