2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E906.8
Other specified injury caused by animal
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E906.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E906.8 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E906.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM W55.89XA Other contact with other mammals, initial encounter
- Butted by animal
- Fallen on by horse or other animal, not being ridden
- Gored by animal
- Implantation of quills of porcupine
- Pecked by bird
- Run over by animal, not being ridden
- Stepped on by animal, not being ridden