2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E906.8
Other specified injury caused by animal
- Billable Code
- Not A Principal Dx
- ICD-9-CM E906.8 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM E906.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- However, E906.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Butted by animal
- Fallen on by horse or other animal, not being ridden
- Gored by animal
- Implantation of quills of porcupine
- Pecked by bird
- Run over by animal, not being ridden
- Stepped on by animal, not being ridden
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM W55.89XA Other contact with other mammals, initial encounter