2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E904.0
Accident due to abandonment or neglect of infants and helpless persons
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E904.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E904.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E904.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
- No ICD-10-CM code(s) convert to ICD-9-CM E904.0
- criminal [purposeful] neglect (E968.4)
- Exposure to weather conditions resulting from abandonment or neglect
- Hunger or thirst resulting from abandonment or neglect
- Desertion of newborn
- Inattention at or after birth
- Lack of care (helpless person) (infant)