2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E897
Accident caused by controlled fire not in building or structure
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E897 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E897 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E897 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X03.8XXA Other exposure to controlled fire, not in building or structure, initial encounter
- Burns from flame of:
- bonfire (controlled)
- brazier fire (controlled), not in building or structure
- trash fire (controlled)