2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E883.0
Accident from diving or jumping into water [swimming pool]
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E883.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E883.0 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E883.0 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM W16.92XA Jumping or diving into unspecified water causing other injury, initial encounter
- Strike or hit:
- against bottom when jumping or diving into water
- wall or board of swimming pool
- water surface