2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 989.0
Toxic effect of hydrocyanic acid and cyanides
- ICD-9-CM 989.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 989.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Toxic effect of cyanide
- Toxic effect of hydrogen cyanide
- Potassium cyanide
- Sodium cyanide
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T65.0X1A Toxic effect of cyanides, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T65.0X2A Toxic effect of cyanides, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T65.0X3A Toxic effect of cyanides, assault, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T65.0X4A Toxic effect of cyanides, undetermined, initial encounter