2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 969.71
Poisoning by caffeine
- ICD-9-CM 969.71 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 969.71 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Caffeine intoxication
- Caffeine overdose
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T43.611A Poisoning by caffeine, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T43.612A Poisoning by caffeine, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T43.613A Poisoning by caffeine, assault, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T43.614A Poisoning by caffeine, undetermined, initial encounter