2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 803.16
Other closed skull fracture with cerebral laceration and contusion, with loss of consciousness of unspecified duration
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM 803.16 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 803.16 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
can be converted using the following scenario:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S02.91XA Unspecified fracture of skull, initial encounter for closed fracture
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S06.339A Contusion and laceration of cerebrum, unspecified, with loss of consciousness of unspecified duration, initial encounter