2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 784.41
- ICD-9-CM 784.41 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 784.41 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Voice disturbance, aphonia
- A disorder characterized by the inability to speak. It may result from injuries to the vocal cords or may be functional (psychogenic)
- A term referring to the inability to speak. It may result from injuries to the vocal cords or may be functional (psychogenic)
- Complete loss of phonation due to organic disease of the larynx or to nonorganic (i.e., psychogenic) causes
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM R49.1 Aphonia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 784.41
- Aphonia 784.41
- organic 784.41
- voice (see also Aphonia) 784.41
- loss (see also Aphonia) 784.41