2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 783.5
- ICD-9-CM 783.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 783.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Chronic excessive intake of water; it may be from an organic cause, such as the dehydration of diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, or a reaction to medication, or from a psychological cause. When untreated it can lead to water intoxication
- Excessive thirst manifested by excessive fluid intake. It is characteristic of many diseases such as diabetes mellitus; diabetes insipidus; and nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. The condition may be psychogenic in origin
- Noncontingent excessive drinking behavior usually produced and maintained by operant schedules of reinforcement involving food as a reinforcer. Also used for disordered human populations
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM R63.1 Polydipsia