2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 759.82
- ICD-9-CM 759.82 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 759.82 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Marfans syndrome
- Marfan's syndrome
- A genetic syndrome inherited as an autosomal dominant trait. It is caused by mutations in the fbn1 gene. It is characterized by tall stature, elongated extremities, mitral valve prolapse, aortic dilatation, aortic dissection, and sublaxation of the lens
- A hereditary disorder of connective tissue characterized by tall stature, elongated extremities, dilatation of the ascending aorta, and pigeon breast
- An autosomal dominant disorder of connective tissue with abnormal features in the heart, the eye, and the skeleton. Cardiovascular manifestations include mitral valve prolapse, dilation of the aorta, and aortic dissection. Other features include lens displacement (ectopia lentis), disproportioned long limbs and enlarged dura mater (dural ectasia). Marfan syndrome is associated with mutations in the gene encoding fibrillin, a major element of extracellular microfibrils of connective tissue
- Disorder of connective tissue characterized by tall stature, elongated extremities, subluxation of the lens, dilatation of the ascending aorta, and "pigeon breast"; inherited as an autosomal dominant trait
- Marfan syndrome is a disorder that affects connective tissue. Connective tissues are proteins that support skin, bones, blood vessels and other organs. One of these proteins is fibrillin. A problem with the fibrillin gene causes marfan syndrome. Marfan syndrome can be mild to severe, and the symptoms can vary. People with marfan syndrome are often very tall, thin and loose jointed. Most people with marfan syndrome have heart and blood vessel problems, such as a weakness in the aorta or heart valves that leak. They may also have problems with their bones, eyes, skin, nervous system and lungs. nih: national institute of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Q87.40 Marfan's syndrome, unspecified