2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 758.2
- ICD-9-CM 758.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 758.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Complete trisomy 18 syndrome
- Trisomy 18, complete
- A chromosomal abnormality consisting of the presence of a third copy of chromosome 18 in somatic cells
- A kind of genetic disease
- A syndrome characterized by the presence of an extra (third) chromosome on an otherwise diploid chromosome 18 associated with a broad spectrum of variable abnormalities consisting of more than 130 individual defects of the craniofacial structures, brain, heart, kidneys, and gut. One-third of newborn infants (weighing about 2300) are premature and two-thirds are female. Fetal abnormalities consist mainly of polyhydramnios, small placenta, and single umbilical artery. Tumors in some cases. Trisomy 18 mosaicism is often associated with normal intelligence and mild phenotype
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Q91.3 Trisomy 18, unspecified