2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 756.54
Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia of bone
- ICD-9-CM 756.54 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 756.54 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A genetic syndrome caused by mutations in the gnas1 gene. It is characterized by deformities and fractures of the bones, endocrine abnormalities including early puberty, and skin hyperpigmentation
- Fibrous dysplasia of bone affecting several bones. When melanotic pigmentation (cafe-au-lait spots) and multiple endocrine hyperfunction are additionally associated it is referred to as albright syndrome
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Q78.1 Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 756.54
- Dysplasia - see also Anomaly
- polyostotic fibrous 756.54
- Polyostotic fibrous dysplasia 756.54