2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 756.17
Spina bifida occulta
- ICD-9-CM 756.17 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 756.17 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A common congenital midline defect of fusion of the vertebral arch without protrusion of the spinal cord or meninges. The lesion is also covered by skin. L5 and s1 are the most common vertebrae involved. The condition may be associated with an overlying area of hyperpigmented skin, a dermal sinus, or an abnormal patch of hair. The majority of individuals with this malformation are asymptomatic although there is an increased incidence of tethered cord syndrome and lumbar spondylosis. (from Joynt, Clinical Neurology, 1992, ch55, p34)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM Q76.0 Spina bifida occulta
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 756.17
- Spina bifida (aperta) 741.9
- occulta 756.17