2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 668.00
Pulmonary complications of anesthesia or other sedation in labor and delivery, unspecified as to episode of care or not applicable
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Maternity Only Dx (12-55 years)
- Female Only Dx
- ICD-9-CM 668.00 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 668.00 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O74.1 Other pulmonary complications of anesthesia during labor and delivery
- Aspiration pneumonitis (inflammation of lung) due to obstetric anesthesia, postpartum (after childbirth)
- Aspiration pneumonitis due to OB anesthesia, postpartum
- Obstetric anesthesia with pulmonary complications with postnatal problem
- Postpartum aspiration pneumonitis due to anesthesia during labor and delivery
- Pulmonary complication of anesthesia after childbirth
- Pulmonary complication of OB anesthesia, postpartum
ICD-9-CM Coding Information
- 668.00 is only applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- 668.00 is only applicable to female patients.