2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 646.12
Edema or excessive weight gain in pregnancy, without mention of hypertension, delivered, with mention of postpartum complication
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Maternity Only Dx (12-55 years)
- Female Only Dx
- ICD-9-CM 646.12 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 646.12 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O12.01 Gestational edema, first trimester
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O12.02 Gestational edema, second trimester
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM O12.03 Gestational edema, third trimester
ICD-9-CM Coding Information
- 646.12 is only applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- 646.12 is only applicable to female patients.