2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 590.8
Other pyelonephritis or pyonephrosis not specified as acute or chronic
- There are 2 ICD-9-CM codes below 590.8 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by an infectious process involving the kidney
- An acute or chronic inflammatory process affecting the kidney. It is caused by bacteria and in most cases it is the result of a urinary tract infection. Signs and symptoms include fever, chills, flank pain, painful and frequent urination, cloudy or bloody urine, and confusion
- Inflammation of the kidney and its pelvis due to infection
- Inflammation of the kidney involving the renal parenchyma (the nephrons); kidney pelvis; and kidney calices. It is characterized by abdominal pain; fever; nausea; vomiting; and occasionally diarrhea