2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 577.1
- ICD-9-CM 577.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 577.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Chronic pancreatitis due to acute alcohol intoxication
- Chronic pancreatitis due to chronic alcoholism
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas), chronic
- Pancreatitis chronic, due to alcohol intoxication
- Pancreatitis chronic, due to chronic alcoholism
- Pancreatitis, chronic
- A chronic inflammatory process causing damage and fibrosis of the pancreatic parenchyma. Signs and symptoms include abdominal pain, malabsorption and diabetes mellitus
- Inflammation of the pancreas that is characterized by recurring or persistent abdominal pain with or without steatorrhea or diabetes mellitus. It is characterized by the irregular destruction of the pancreatic parenchyma which may be focal, segmental, or diffuse
- Chronic pancreatitis:
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM K86.1 Other chronic pancreatitis