2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 567.31
Psoas muscle abscess
- ICD-9-CM 567.31 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 567.31 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Abscess of the psoas muscles resulting usually from disease of the lumbar vertebrae, with the pus descending into the muscle sheath. The infection is most commonly tuberculous or staphylococcal
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM K68.12 Psoas muscle abscess
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 567.31
- Abscess (acute) (chronic) (infectional) (lymphangitic) (metastatic) (multiple) (pyogenic) (septic) (with lymphangitis) (see also Cellulitis) 682.9
- iliopsoas 567.31
- psoas 567.31