2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 562
Diverticula of intestine
- There are 2 ICD-9-CM codes below 562 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A condition characterized by the presence of multiple diverticuli in the walls of an organ
- A condition marked by small sacs or pouches (diverticula) in the walls of an organ such as the stomach or colon. These sacs can become inflamed and cause a condition called diverticulitis, which may be a risk factor for certain types of cancer
- A condition marked by small sacs or pouches in the walls of a hollow organ, such as the colon. These sacs can become inflamed and cause a condition called diverticulitis
- A finding indicating the presence of multiple pouches, usually in the colonic or gastric wall
- Use additional code to identify any associated: