2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.21
Incisional hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene
- ICD-9-CM 553.21 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 553.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Incisional hernia
- Recurrent hernia of anterior abdominal wall
- Recurrent ventral hernia
- Ventral hernia, recurrent
- recurrent, ventral
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM K43.2 Incisional hernia without obstruction or gangrene