2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 524.4
- ICD-9-CM 524.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 524.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Malocclusion of teeth
- Skeletal malocclusion
- Teeth malocclusion
- An inherited or acquired dental abnormality characterized by improper alignment of the teeth
- Malposition and contact of the maxillary and mandibular teeth which interferes with efficiency during mastication
- Such malposition and contact of the maxillary and mandibular teeth as to interfere with the highest efficiency during the excursive movements of the jaw that are essential for mastication. (jablonski, illustrated dictionary of dentistry, 1982)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM M26.4 Malocclusion, unspecified