2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 521.6
Ankylosis of teeth
- ICD-9-CM 521.6 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 521.6 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Solid fixation of a tooth resulting from fusion of the cementum and alveolar bone, with obliteration of the periodontal ligament. It is uncommon in the deciduous dentition and very rare in permanent teeth. (jablonski's dictionary of dentistry, 1992)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM K03.5 Ankylosis of teeth
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 521.6
- Ankylosis (fibrous) (osseous) 718.50
- dental 521.6
- teeth, tooth (hard tissues) 521.6