2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 518
Other diseases of lung
- There are 9 ICD-9-CM codes below 518 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by the collapse of part or the entire lung
- Absence of air in the entire or part of a lung, such as an incompletely inflated neonate lung or a collapsed adult lung. Pulmonary atelectasis can be caused by airway obstruction, lung compression, fibrotic contraction, or other factors
- Collapse of all or part of a lung due to bronchial plugging or the chest cavity being opened to atomspheric pressure
- Failure of the lung to expand (inflate) completely. This may be caused by a blocked airway, a tumor, general anesthesia, pneumonia or other lung infections, lung disease, or long-term bedrest with shallow breathing. Sometimes called a collapsed lung
- The collapse of part or the entire lung due to airway obstruction, infection, tumor, or general anesthesia