2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 516.0
Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
- ICD-9-CM 516.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 516.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Unknown etiology marked by chronic filling of alveoli with proteinaceous, lipid-rich, granular material consisting of surfactant and debris of necrotic cells
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM J84.01 Alveolar proteinosis
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 516.0
- alveolar, lung or pulmonary 516.0
- Rosen-Castleman-Liebow syndrome (pulmonary proteinosis) 516.0
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Rosen-Castleman-Liebow (pulmonary proteinosis) 516.0