2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 443.1
Thromboangiitis obliterans [Buerger's disease]
- ICD-9-CM 443.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 443.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Thromboangiitis obliterans
- A non-atherosclerotic, inflammatory thrombotic disease that commonly involves small and medium-sized arteries or veins in the extremities. It is characterized by occlusive thrombosis and fibrosis in the vascular wall leading to digital and limb ischemia and ulcerations. Thromboangiitis obliterans is highly associated with tobacco smoking
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM I73.1 Thromboangiitis obliterans [Buerger's disease]