2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 429
Ill-defined descriptions and complications of heart disease
- There are 10 ICD-9-CM codes below 429 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by inflammation of the muscle tissue of the heart
- Inflammation of the heart muscle
- Inflammation of the muscle tissue of the heart
- Inflammation of the muscular walls of the heart
- Inflammatory processes of the muscular walls of the heart (myocardium) which result in injury to the cardiac muscle cells (myocytes, cardiac). Manifestations range from subclinical to sudden death (death, sudden). Myocarditis in association with cardiac dysfunction is classified as inflammatory cardiomyopathy usually caused by infection, autoimmune diseases, or responses to toxic substances. Myocarditis is also a common cause of dilated cardiomyopathy and other cardiomyopathies