2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 388.01
- ICD-9-CM 388.01 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 388.01 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat presbycusis
- Bilateral presbycusis
- Both sides presbycusis (hearing disorder)
- Left presbycusis
- Presbycusis (age-related hearing loss)
- Right presbycusis
- Gradual bilateral hearing loss associated with aging that is due to progressive degeneration of cochlear structures and central auditory pathways. Hearing loss usually begins with the high frequencies then progresses to sounds of middle and low frequencies
- Progressive bilateral loss of hearing that occurs in the aged
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM H91.13 Presbycusis, bilateral
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 388.01