2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 386.12
- ICD-9-CM 386.12 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 386.12 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat vestibular neuronitis
- Bilateral vestibular neuronitis
- Both sides vestibular neuronitis
- Left vestibular neuronitis
- Right vestibular neuronitis
- Idiopathic inflammation of the vestibular nerve, characterized clinically by the acute or subacute onset of vertigo; nausea; and imbalance. The cochlear nerve is typically spared and hearing loss and tinnitus do not usually occur. Symptoms usually resolve over a period of days to weeks. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p304)
- Acute (and recurrent) peripheral vestibulopathy
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM H81.23 Vestibular neuronitis, bilateral