2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 350
Trigeminal nerve disorders
- There are 4 ICD-9-CM codes below 350 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A disorder characterized by involvement of the trigeminal nerve (fifth cranial nerve)
- A non-neoplastic or neoplastic disorder affecting the trigeminal nerve (fifth cranial nerve)
- Diseases of the trigeminal nerve or its nuclei, which are located in the pons and medulla. The nerve is composed of three divisions: ophthalmic, maxillary, and mandibular, which provide sensory innervation to structures of the face, sinuses, and portions of the cranial vault. The mandibular nerve also innervates muscles of mastication. Clinical features include loss of facial and intra-oral sensation and weakness of jaw closure. Common conditions affecting the nerve include brain stem ischemia, infratentorial neoplasms, and trigeminal neuralgia
- disorders of 5th cranial nerve