2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 349.81
Cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea
- ICD-9-CM 349.81 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 349.81 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Rhinorrhea, cerebrospinal fluid
- Discharge of cerebrospinal fluid through the nose
- Discharge of cerebrospinal fluid through the nose. Common etiologies include trauma, neoplasms, and prior surgery, although the condition may occur spontaneously. (otolaryngol head neck surg 1997 apr;116(4):442-9)
- cerebrospinal fluid otorrhea (388.61)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM G96.0 Cerebrospinal fluid leak