2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 348.82
- ICD-9-CM 348.82 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 348.82 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- A state of prolonged irreversible cessation of all brain activity, including lower brain stem function with the complete absence of voluntary movements, responses to stimuli, brain stem reflexes, and spontaneous respirations. Reversible conditions which mimic this clinical state (e.g., sedative overdose, hypothermia, etc.) are excluded prior to making the determination of brain death. (from Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp348-9)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM G93.82 Brain death
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 348.82
- Brain - see also condition
- death 348.82
- brain 348.82